What is Digital Signage?
Digital signage is a sub-segment of electronic signage. Digital displays use technologies such as LCD, LED, projection and e-paper to display digital images, video, web pages, weather data, restaurant menus, or text. Some of the most common applications include:
• Public information - news, weather, traffic and local (location specific) information, such as building directory with a map, fire exits and traveler information.
• Internal information - corporate messages, such as health & safety items, news and so forth.
• Product information - pricing, photos, raw materials or ingredients, suggested applications and other product information.
• Information to enhance the customer service experience - interpretive signage in museums, galleries, zoos, parks and gardens, exhibitions, tourist and cultural attractions.
• Advertising and Promotion - promoting products or services, may be related to the location of the sign or using the screen's audience reach for general advertising.
• Brand building - in-store digital sign to promote the brand and build a brand identity.
• Influencing customer behavior - navigation, directing customers to different areas, increasing the "dwell time" on the store premises and a wide range of other uses in service of such influence.
• Influencing product or brand decision-making - Signage at the point of sale designed to influence the choices of the consumer.
• Enhancing customer experience - applications include the reduction of perceived wait time in the waiting areas of restaurants and other retail operations, bank queues, and similar circumstances.
• Navigation - with interactive screens (in the floor, for example, as with "informational footsteps" found in some tourist attractions, museums and the like) or with other means of "dynamic wayfinding".
• Reservations - small, interactive screens on walls or desks that allow employees to reserve the space for a limited time and integrate with a room and resource scheduling platform.
Learn More: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_signage